Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pride and Bitter Tastes


Do you want to know something that "irks" me and rubs me the wrong way? It's when someone who really isn't all that great thinks they are the worlds greatest gift!

I mean really? REALLY? How prideful can you be? You think your I.n.c.r.e.d.i.b.l.e!!! The very fact that you think you are amazing... show's me how wrong you are about being amazing. 

I'd love to sit down with you and say, "Hello, My Name is Jeffrey, and I'm your friend, and I have something I need to tell you... ..Listen, "you have no friends. Because if you did they would have already confronted you about this pride issue in your life." (Quoted from a video by "J. Maxwell")

Ever met someone prideful? Doesn't it leave a nasty something in your mouth. Yea, I think you understand what I'm saying here...

Recently I was on the blog: and I was amazed by the honesty, transparency, and openness of the individual. It was as though this individual was sharing from the heart, and who could do so because they were and are secure in Christ. What they did wasn't grounded in their own image, popularity, or anything else -- what they did and didn't do was grounded in a humble attitude that came from their relationship with Christ. (Humility: properly viewing ourselves from the way God sees us - not in a prideful sense yet not in a way that's self-demoralizing/defacing neither..)

Are you secure in Christ? Because if you are - although you might not notice... others do.

Reading some of the posts from the blog was refreshing! Because simple truths explained in a logical and biblical way are after all usually the things we relate with the most.

Pride has a way of leaving a nasty taste in your mouth. Let's keep refreshing instead of leaving people with dry moldy tastes in their mouth. 

A prayer: "God help me to be a Spring and not a empty bucket that's longing to be "filled up" with anothers' praise. Instead help me to be constantly and consistently desirous of your praise Lord. And help me never to be prideful but to instead, "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard everyone else as more important than myself;" (Phil. 2:3)

Verses on Pride: 


  1. Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18
  2. The eyes of the arrogant man will be humbled and the pride of men brought low; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day. Isaiah 2:11
  3. Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar. Psalm 138:6
  4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 1 Corinthians 13:4
  5. The LORD detests all the proud of heart. Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished. Proverbs 16:5

No comments: